Sunday, August 23, 2015

a visit to the museum


Yesterday I hopped in the car and headed over to the Benton County Museum in Philomath, Oregon to see the completed installation of my "Modern Materials, Quilts of the 1970s" exhibition. Curator Mark Tolonen and I hung most of the quilts on Monday, but there was still a lot of work to be done.


Mark and the museum staff finished the installation the following day, and they did a superb job. I appreciated their attention to detail. The space was looking great when I got there.


I love this picture of the large tile block quilt from behind. A lot of behind-the-scenes work goes into a quilt exhibition, and it's all worth it!

"Modern Materials, Quilts of the 1970s" is now on display at the Benton County Museum in Philomath, Oregon. For more information about the exhibition, location, hours,  and other venues showing quilts during Quilt County 2015, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment