Thursday, February 2, 2017

Modern Patchwork Article


The March/April 2017 Modern Patchwork Magazine is out, and it includes my article "Buying Old Quilts: The Basics" (pp. 16-20). In the article I offer ideas and information about buying old quilts.


Most people don't spend as much time thinking about buying old quilts as I do, but I realized quiltmakers have an interest in quilts, and sometimes they find themselves standing in front of a quilt in a vintage shop or garage sale and they don't know exactly what to do.


Is it worth buying? Is it a project? Is the price fair? Does the seller know anything more about it? What can we tell by looking at it? How about condition?


I think of myself as a student of quilts and quilt history, but got a kick out of being called an "expert" on the front cover. Many thanks to the editors, designers and magazine staff for a job well done! To read what I have to say about buying old quilts, pick up the March/April 2017 issue of Modern Patchwork.

2 comments:

  1. Funny as this morning I was reading a Fall issue of Modern Quilting and there YOU were! A trip to the book store will happen later today......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Off to purchase my own copy. Thanks for sharing! Looking forward to reading your article.

    ReplyDelete