Friday, April 7, 2017

Patch Blanket by Patsy, Hawaii

When I spotted this patchwork blanket at Stars in Portland, I snapped it up right away. The price was right, even though the piece was puckering in places.


It was more photogenic than I thought it would be. There's something I love about the play of blue and orange.


There was a label on the back. It said "Patch Blankets by Patsy, Made in Hawaii" and it looked like a professionally produced label for a cottage industry small business. I tried finding more information online, but couldn't find anything...yet.


This piece is the second one I have found with this type of label. The other was a wholecloth crib quilt made by Little Turtle. To read about that quilt, click here.


Both of these pieces were used when I found them, but they are barely vintage, made some time in the last 25 years. The information about both businesses is likely retrievable, but it may take some searching.

No comments:

Post a Comment